RVHS Head Coach
Director of Player Development
Here is a list of what you need to complete as a coach. Please e-mail or get certificates to Shawn Cilek firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion of each. These certificates must be submitted to Shawn by December 25th in order to continue coaching.
1. Complete USA Hockey Registration Click Here
2. Complete the background screening Click Here
3. Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. (Cost is $10 per module) (The online modules are available from September 1 to December 31.) Click Here
4. Complete the USA Hockey Safe Sport Training (required every two years). Click Here
5. Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. Click Here and scroll down just a bit to get to coaching clinic search. (Cost is $40 plus any lunch fees if applicable) You can only attend one clinic per season. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). -My Understanding is that you need to do this each year starting with level 1 no matter what age group you are coaching. Each year you have to go to the next level and when you reach 3 you now have to complete level 3 recertification every 2 years online, Click Here this can only be done twice. Or you can get a level 4 certification and be done for life.